This article is over 4 months old. You might like to search
for more up-to-date
Thy Kingdom Come - Ten things to know
Posted on Thursday 18 May 2017
- All over the world from Dublin to Hong Kong, Melbourne to Belize, hundreds of thousands of people are preparing to pray Thy Kingdom Come
- They’ll be prayer walks, candlelit services, street parties, psalm drumming and fireworks, prayer tepees – and a live service on BBC1 at 10am on Pentecost Sunday with Archbishop Justin Welby, Matt Redman, Tim Hughes and Liz Adekunle.
- So far this year Thy Kingdom Come has appeared in Twitter feeds more than a million times, more than 300,000 people have visited our website and On Facebook we’ve reached more than two million people, and the official period of prayer hasn’t even started yet!
- In the UK people will gather for 29 special beacon services in Cathedrals and thousands are preparing to pray in churches.
- More than 200,000 resources have already been ordered, from family-friendly Kingdom Kits, Thy Kingdom Come gospels, prayer journals and Novenas to prayer bands and mugs. And there’s still time to order or download.
- Our videos – including these two https://vimeo.com/203435700 and https://vimeo.com/214155802 have been viewed at least two million times.
- Churches of all backgrounds and denominations have been working together to plan ecumenical events in towns and cities.
- Pledge to Pray here and we’ll send you specially crafted prayers by international leaders, and youth-friendly meditations, straight to your inbox each day. For a list of the daily prayer themes click here. https://www.thykingdomcome.global/posts/45/your-daily-thy-kingdom-come-prayer-emailWe
- We have everything you need to plan your Thy Kingdom Come services – download our liturgies and service plans here. https://www.thykingdomcome.global/search/resources?tags=1&theme_id=1Know
- Know that the Lord is with us as we prepare to pray: “The smoke of the incense, together with the prayers of God’s people, went up before God from the angel’s hand.” Rev 8 vs 4. Holy Spirit Come!