Vacancy: Independent Chair Diocesan Safeguarding Liaison Group
Posted on Thursday 9 November 2017
Suitable candidates must have experience of strategic leadership on safeguarding in one of the statutory agencies and have proven leadership and communication skills.
In addition, the successful candidate should have extensive experience of chairing complex professional meetings at senior level.
The full job description can be found on the link below.
If you are interested in this role and would like to know more, please contact the Diocesan Office Manager, Sheena Bridgman on email@example.com.
- This is initially an appointment for 3 years with an annual fee to be agreed by negotiation, commensurate with experience. A mileage allowance is payable in addition. The agreed fee includes all relevant preparation and follow-up time. Travel time is not separately reimbursed.
- You will be sympathetic to the Church of England, but not hold any current formal role in the Diocese of Ely due to the requirement to be totally independent to maintain the credibility of the panel.
- The role will report to the Bishop, but will also work in conjunction with the Diocesan Safeguarding Officer.
- The Diocesan Safeguarding Management Group Meetings are currently held at the Diocesan Office in Ely.
- The current Terms of Reference of the Group are included in the link below.
- Closing Date is 9am, Monday 11th December 2017.
- Interview date to be agreed following successful application.