Venue: Barton - St Peter
Series of talks from eminent professionals in their field. Science and suffrage, and the state of our prisons, to the power of prayer, poetry and song, to saving lives around the world.
A series of Talks entitled Life Matters to take place in St Peter's church. Barton, Cambs CB23 7BD during the months of May and June
- 17th May: Women in Science and Suffrage in the First World War from Dr Patricia Fara - Drector of Stdies Clare College Cambridge
- 24th May: What really happens in prison? Why should we care? What can be done? from Sophie Ellis researcher in Forensic Criminology Cambridge Unoversity.
- 4th June: Say it to God Prof Luigi Gioia of Von Hugel Insitute Cambridge on his book of thr same name Archbishop's bok for Lent 2018
- 14th June: Songs and Sonnets. Rev Dr Malcome Guite "Entertans" The oet priest with a fund of uplifting and life affirming words and music
- 25th June: Medecins sans Frontiers Dr Javid Abdelmoneim Presifnt UK MsF will speak of his experiences in the medical arean of disaster and epidemic and television
A series of talks to open our eyes to the world beyond our parishes from people who have expereinced and truly know of what they speak.
Talks to last for no more than an hour.
Cake will be offered at the end with time to look around St Peter's church and view its wall painings.
This event is organised by Friends of St Peter's Barton - http://www.bartonstpeters.org.uk/
Cost and booking:
£5.00 pre booked (via phone or email) £6.00 at the door
Ruth Bond 01223 262985 or 07787 538983 firstname.lastname@example.org
The Diocese of Ely is not responsible for the accuracy or validity of event information as many events are
added by unknown website visitors. To edit or complain about an event listing please contact us.