We pray to be generous and visible people of Christ.
Believing that God calls us to discover together
his transforming presence in our lives and in every community, in Jesus we pray:
to deepen our commitment to God through word, worship and prayer.
Personal discipleship is the foundation on which all our ministries are built. We are all on a life-long journey of faith, which can be amazingly exciting and challenging if we continue to cultivate a living relationship with Jesus Christ.
- To increase our knowledge of, and confidence, in scripture.
- To deepen personal faith through prayer and grow an appreciation of how the Bible speaks of our relationship with God and his purposes for us.
- To encourage one another as we listen to our different experiences and understanding of our Christian faith.
- To develop a greater awareness of how God might be calling us, as his disciples, to contribute our abilities and time to our local church communities.
- To generate enthusiasm and confidence to express our faith as we seek to live as Christ's disciples in our communities, workplaces, and in the wider world.
This is a very full ten-week course in which we aim to give a basic overview of the topic before zooming in on a particular passage for Bible study.
Each session lasts two hours and is a mixture of input, group discussion, reflection and prayer.
Download a copy of the programme and application form below.
The Department of Ministry welcomes all applications and requests for further information. Contact us via the details on the right.
T: 01353 652713
The Revd Rob Taylor
T: 01353 652716
The Revd Canon Anna Matthews