Clergy Housing Department

Ely Diocese supports clergy and their families with suitable housing which is safe, comfortable and fit for purpose, both as a place of work and as a home.

The Property Department is responsible for the provision and maintenance of these houses.

If you need support with any aspect of your clergy home, please contact the Property Department.

The department also support clergy house moves. Parishes with empty properties can also benefit from their advice.

Diocese Property Office Contact Details

Tel: 01353 652704

Out of hours: 07956 252325

Approved Ely Diocesan Emergency Contractors

If you have an emergency with your property and need to contact someone to resolve it, please view a list of approved contractors on the link below.

Emergency Contractor Contact List - updated January 2017

A Guide to Living in a Parsonage House

As responsilibity for maintaining a property is shared between the diocese and the the occupant, a housing guide has been produced which explains how our houses are maintained, who is responsibile for what, and when.

This guide has been produced in conjunction with the Houses Committee's current policies. It provides vital information for the day-to-day maintenance and running of your home. If there are any aspects of housing you are unsure of, please contact the department.

Click here to download A Guide to Living in a Parsonage House (April 2018)

Retirement Housing

For information relating to retirement housing, please visit the Church of England webpages here.