Church Representation Rules
The Church Representation Rules are a vital tool for all involved in parochial, deanery, diocesan and national Church governance. It sets out the rules governing, amongst others:
- the formation and revision of the electoral roll;
- the minimum qualifying age for election to the Parochial Church Council or the deanery synod and methods of voting at the Annual Parochial Church Meetings;
- chairmanship of the Parochial Church Council and the number and term of office of its lay members;
- membership of deanery and diocesan synods and how the number of lay members to be elected to them is calculated; and
- membership of, and elections to, the House of Laity of the General Synod.
The Rules can be found online here: https://www.churchofengland.org/about-us/structure/churchlawlegis/church-representation-rules/church-representation-rules-online.aspx.