Board of Finance
The Ely Diocesan Board of Finance Ltd (EDBF) holds the assets of the Diocese and is responsible for its finances. It is a company limited by guarantee (company no. 142183).
- The role of the Finance Committee is to draw up the annual accrual budget for the Standing Committee (the Bishop's Council) for approval by the Diocesan Synod.
- The committee monitors adherence to the budget throughout the year and sets out the allocation of ministry share to deaneries.
- It also acts as the Audit Committee for the diocese and oversees the work of the Houses committee and the Assets Committee.
Meeting dates 2018
- 19th April
- 21st June
- 13th September
- 4th October
- 1st November
- The Assets Committee is the repository for the management and performance of the Board's investment portfolio (often referred to as the endowment), the Board's land holdings (often referred to as glebe).
- This includes the promotion of appropriate land sales.
- The Houses Committee is responsible for the management of the Board's portfolio of residential property (formally referred to as 'parsonages').
- This includes the maintenance of the portfolio to nationally agreed standards, the provision of new housing to support clergy deployment and disposals where parsonages are no longer required.
- The committee also authorises the letting of vacant properties.
Deanery Liaison Group (DLG)
- 17th April
- 15th May
- 12th June (subject to change)
- 4th September (subject to change)