This article is over 4 months old. You might like to search
for more up-to-date
Vacancy: Rector to serve in the Benefice of South Leightonstone
Posted on Wednesday 17 October 2018
The Bishop of Ely seeks to make an appointment for the post of Rector to serve in the Benefice of South Leightonstone.
The South Leightonstone Benefice is tucked away in the rolling countryside of West Cambridgeshire, our seven parishes range from the tiny rural communities of Barham and Woolley to the historic former market town of Kimbolton, with nearly 1500 inhabitants.
The post will be attractive to a priest who:
- is conscientious, energetic, inspirational, kind, friendly, approachable, a good communicator, outgoing, a good mixer, a person with ideas, vision and a good sense of humour
- is active in the community; interested in village life, events and societies; keen to get to know local people; enthusiastic about Church and parish affairs
- has a broad outlook, catering for the worship styles of people all ages and able to relate to all kinds of people and their needs, including young people in their families and schools
- is a good organiser who is also a team player and can lead from the front, harnessing existing enthusiasm and talents without being autocratic; and effectively engaging the spiritual life of the Benefice.
- understands rural life and rural people
- is a good preacher, able to deliver thought-provoking sermons
- is willing to cater for the diverse liturgical tastes of the Benefice
- is ready to visit and minister to those who are sick, housebound or bereaved
The South Leightonstone Benefice can offer:
- two retired priests, who can assist;
- two ALMs;
- expenses paid;
- a comfortable, modern home;
- supportive congregations;
For more information and enquiries, please contact the Archdeacon of Huntingdon & Wisbech
The Venerable Hugh McCurdy on 01353 652709/01353 658404 or email email@example.com
To view a copy of the Benefice Profile please click on the link below.
The Diocese is committed to safer recruitment practices with people working or volunteering with children and therefore this position is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the DBS.