This article is over 4 months old. You might like to search
for more up-to-date
Vacancy: Priest-in-Charge to serve in the parishes of Sawtry, Glatton and Holme with Conington
Posted on Friday 7 December 2018
The Bishop of Ely seeks to make a full-time appointment for a Priest-in-Charge to serve in the parishes of Sawtry, Glatton and Holme with Conington.
Our parishes in rural Cambridgeshire are looking for an Inspirational preacher, story-teller and team-builder experienced in working collaboratively with worship teams, churches, schools and businesses. A person who will train and mentor new leaders, both the laity and those in training for licensed ministry, in the service of God; visible to, and approachable by, the whole community.
This post will be attractive to a woman or a man who: -
- Has a strong desire for mission, plus excellent communication/interpersonal skills, engaging all age groups.
We are looking for someone who will: -
- Help us to grow together in faith and empower us to share that faith in our community.
- Develop, build and maintain good relationships within the congregation and with the wider community.
- Is willing to undertake home visits or train and encourage others to do so including distribution of communion to the housebound.
- Is prepared to play a visible role in the life of the schools and with the young people in our communities.
More information about the parishes can be downloaded from the links below. If you would like to learn more about this role, please contact Karen Steyn on email@example.com or 01353 652709
The Diocese is committed to safer recruitment practices with people working or volunteering with children and therefore this position is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the DBS.