Vacancy: Vicar-designate to serve in the parish of St Peter’s, Yaxley, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Posted on Wednesday 16 January 2019
The Bishop of Ely seeks to make a full-time appointment for a Vicar-designate to serve in the parish of St Peter’s, Yaxley, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Yaxley is a single church parish, with an all-age congregation, in one of the largest villages in the country. With a population of over 10,000, close to the A1 and next to Peterborough, it retains a village community feel, with all the schools, amenities and activities one would hope for.
We are seeking a Priest who is ready for the challenge of developing a fresh approach to “our vision”.
We would like our new Priest to:
- Be energetic and youthful-minded
- Be Spirit-filled
- Interact imaginatively and creatively with children
- Engage in modern worship
- Have a pastoral heart
- Have strength of character
- Engage with people on a personal level
- Have leadership and organisational skills
- Be willing and keen to take on new initiatives
- Have a good sense of humour
What can we offer:
- A loving and welcoming church family
- Spiritual and prayerful support
- An active and supportive PCC led by two experienced churchwardens
- A proactive and passionate parish communications officer
- Three retired clergy, a pastoral authorised lay minister (ALM) and occasional preachers
- Two Youth ALMs in training
- Volunteer baptism and wedding administrators
- A host of skilled volunteers involved in all aspects of church life
- A beautiful heated Grade 1 listed building that we are continuing to adapt to meet the needs of a modern, growing, worshipping community
The Diocese is committed to safer recruitment practices with people working or volunteering with children and therefore this position is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the DBS.
For an informal conversation about the post, please contact the Archdeacon of Huntingdon & Wisbech the Ven. Hugh McCurdy E: firstname.lastname@example.org or T: 01353 652709/658404
Please visit the parish website https://www.saintpeters.co.uk/ to learn more about the parish of St Peter’s, Yaxley.
To learn more about this post and download an application form, please follow the links below.