Vacancy: Priest-in-charge and Pioneer Minister to serve in the Parish of Fen Drayton with Fenstanton
Posted on Wednesday 16 January 2019
The Bishop of Ely seeks to make an appointment for the post of Priest-in-charge and Pioneer Minister to serve in the Parish of Fen Drayton with Fenstanton.
The parish of Fen Drayton with Fenstanton was formed in June 2018 by merging the two adjacent parishes straddling the old county boundary. Fen Drayton is the slightly smaller village and lies in South Cambridgeshire, with a legacy of farming and small-holdings mixed with more recent Cambridge commuters. Fenstanton is the larger village with an expanding population, it borders the market town of St Ives. Both villages have good access to the Cambridgeshire guided bus route and the A14.
The post will be attractive to a male or female priest of broad worship style who will:
- Spearhead pastoral, outreach and mission work in our growing parish
- Lead, support and encourage our strong lay team
- Help us build on the success of our children’s and young people’s church
- Bring new ideas and guide the lay team in implementing them
- Engage with and support parishioners of all ages
We can offer our new priest:
- A warm, welcoming parish of two recently united churches that looks outwardly to the community, deanery and diocese
- The support of a strong, experienced and flexible lay team
- Accommodation in a large modern vicarage, adjacent to the parish church and in the heart of Fenstanton village
- A vibrant, growing local community with at least 200 new households in view
- Strong, practical links with our two village primary schools
- Two church buildings with rolling programmes of repair, maintenance and improvement
- A Church Centre in Fenstanton that the parish also makes available to the wider community
- Access to the Fen Drayton village hall for children’s activities
The Diocese is committed to safer recruitment practices with people working or volunteering with children and therefore this position is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the DBS.
For more information and enquiries, please contact the Archdeacon of Huntingdon & Wisbech, ther Venerable Hugh McCurdy on 01353 652709/01353 658404 or email email@example.com
Closing date : midnight on Sunday 24th February
Interviews : Wednesday 27th March
To apply for this position, please complete and return the Application Form linked below.