Is Christianity true
For 2000 years, Christianity has been challenged:
- Was Jesus a real person?
- Did he do the things they say about him?
- Was he unique?
- Did he die? â€¦ And come back alive?
Millions continue to trust and believe in him, as told by the Gospels.
Here are some books written about the evidence for Jesus and for God that the authors found convincing.
What is the Evidence?
- Who moved the stone? By Frank Morrison
- The Empty Cross of Jesus. By Michael Green
- The Jesus Inquest. By Charles Foster
(Even the book â€œBen Hurâ€ whose central character is profoundly affected by the life of Jesus, was written after a skeptical Lew Wallace reviewed the Gospels and became persuaded Christianity was true. This explains why the climax of the film is not the chariot race, which happens an hour before the end of the film.)
- The Case for God. By Peter S Williams
- There is a God. By Antony Flew. (An influential Atheist, who â€œconvertedâ€.)
- Evidence for God. Edited by William A Dembski & Michael R Licona
Does it work?
- UnApologetic â€“ Why, despite everything, Christianity can still make surprising emotional sense. By Francis Spufford
- Mere Christianity. By C. S. Lewis
- Simply Christian. By N.T. Wright