Every spring a training course is offered for those wishing to specialise in Authorised Lay Ministry (ALM) to children and families.
To find out more about this course, please visit the ALM Training pages of the website via the ALM page here.
Some recent comments from attendees on the course.
"It is brilliant to have the time and space to learn, grow and reflect upon your ministry to children. You will learn so much from some outstanding practitioners with experience in many different areas. You will delve into the theory behind nurturing children’s spirituality but you will also be given a treasure trove of practical tips to dip into! The supportive network of other trainees also provides the perfect environment for you to grow and develop your own practice. In essence, the Children and Families' ALM course is simply marvellous!"
"I thought I understood children, and this would be a formality. But I have had so much fun, gained new knowledge and new friends and have loved every minute of the process. I would highly recommend this to anyone who is already working with children and young people, if only to cement the knowledge you have. I am going to miss our Wednesday nights, what will I do?"
Safer Working Online
(materials appropriate for those working with children and families)
Working online is a valuable way of supporting and engaging with young people. However, it is paramount that this is done in a safe and appropriate way. You can access documentation to support your engagement online by clicking the links below.
- Video Conferencing with Children and their families - 7 April 2020
- Code of Conduct for using Zoom - 7 April 2020
- Social Media Guidelines
- Risk Assessment Example
- REGISTER TEMPLATE
- Template Online Communication Consent Form
- The Church of England supplies a number of templates for downloaded
- Debbie has Pinterest boards on a whole host of topics, from Creative prayer through to Festival ideas
- We have 2 Facebook groups
Sign-up to our Newsletters
- You can sign up to receive regular mailings with resources and information by clicking here.