Welcome Letter from the Chair of Ely Diocese Education Committee
Thank you for your interest in the post of Diocesan Director of Education [DDE]. The Bishop has asked me to oversee the appointment process as chair of the Education Committee and I would like to take this opportunity to introduce the role.
Our vision is that all Diocese of Ely church schools and academies consistently deliver high-quality provision of a distinctly Christian character for those of all faiths and none.
The principal task of the DDE is to support schools and trusts to fulfil this vision through a confidently expressed rationale which explicitly connects Christian belief to organisational ethos and decision-making at every level. The educational pursuit of “life in all its fullness” connects with our overarching Diocesan Strategy – “People fully alive” – and the DDE is a full member of the Bishop’s Senior Team, contributing to the whole life of Ely Diocese.
The DDE leads our small but very experienced and skilled education team as they work closely with our 84 schools and academies. The DDE is also involved in the governance of diocesan Multi-Academy Trusts, working with them to further develop the strategic vision for the diocese. They will also operate within the wider sector to maintain the church’s profile as a vital and collaborative partner in education.
Full details of the role can be found in the Job and Role Descriptions.
Our strategy documents and the operational details can be found in our EDEC handbook. Available on request from firstname.lastname@example.org.
The link to the education pages of the Ely Diocese website will also provide you with an insight to the training we do and the work we do in schools, https://www.elydiocese.org/schools/school-training-and-development/
If you wish to discuss the role further please contact the interim DDE, Sarah Conant (email@example.com), to arrange a conversation.
Thank you for your interest in this post and I wish you well in your discernment.
Alex Hughes, Chair, Ely Diocese Education Committee
Further Information and How to Apply
- We would be delighted to hear from you. Please contact Caroline Olsen at Academicis on 01223 907979 or 07500889504 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to have a confidential conversation and to find out more about this excellent opportunity.
- Our strategy documents and the operational details can be found in our EDEC handbook. Available on request from email@example.com
- Download the Diocesan Director of Education Candidate Pack here - click here
- Download an Application Form here: click here
- Closing date: Monday 11th March 2024
- Shortlisting: Wednesday 13th March 2024
- Interviews: Tuesday 19th March 2024