Clergy Housing Department
Ely Diocese supports clergy and their families with suitable housing which is safe, comfortable and fit for purpose, both as a place of work and as a home.
The Property Department is responsible for the provision and maintenance of these houses.
If you need support with any aspect of your clergy home, please contact the Property Department.
The department also support clergy house moves. Parishes with empty properties can also benefit from their advice.
Diocese Property Office Contact Details
- Office Hours (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm): 01353 652704
- Out of hours: 07956 252325
Approved Ely Diocesan Emergency Contractors
If you have an emergency with your property and need to contact someone to resolve it, please view a list of approved contractors on the link below.
- Heating & plumbing engineer: NR Plumbing & Heating 01353 665323 or 07710 990397
- Gas Leaks Only: Transco: 0800 111 999
- Electrician: Harnwell Electrical: 01945 773207
- Blocked Drains: Mitchell & Mayle: 01353 687984
- General Repairs: Langridge Construction: 07912 843220
- Emergency tree work: Eastern Landscapes: 07831 123533
- Emergency locksmiths: Halls of Cambridge: 01223 416200
A Guide to Living in a Parsonage House
As responsibility for maintaining a property is shared between the diocese and the the occupant, a housing guide has been produced which explains how our houses are maintained, who is responsible for what, and when.
This guide has been produced in conjunction with the Houses Committee's current policies. It provides vital information for the day-to-day maintenance and running of your home. If there are any aspects of housing you are unsure of, please contact the department.
Click here to download A Guide to Living in a Parsonage House (May 2019)
For information relating to retirement housing, please visit the Church of England webpages here.