Ely Healing Advisory Group
Our next event is a on 14th March 2020
CHRIST THE HEALER
We celebrate Christ's invitation to life in all its fulness.
All are welcome for a day of learning, prayer and celebration.
We will conclude with a Eucharist, with opportunities for Laying on of Hands and Anointing.
Free Tickets available here: https://bit.ly/2SR6Ifd
Our aim as a group is to encourage our churches to be seen as places of healing and to facilitate this process. Approaches vary from the more sacramental to the overtly charismatic.
We want to offer support to parishes as they explore the various aspects of the Christian healing ministry in their own unique situation.
The Healing Advisory Group is a resource of experienced, ecumenical practitioners who can offer help and guidance to parishes on various healing issues. We are keen to visit parishes for evening or day sessions on various aspects of the healing ministry, for instance:
- Teaching on the healing services
- Teaching and guidance on prayer ministry
- Training and guidance on listening skills
- Training and advice on issues of forgiveness and reconciliation
- Advice on healing and disability
- Advice regarding mental health issues
- Biblical reflection exploring the practical expressions of this ministry.
- Alasdair Coles (doctor, Anglican minister)
- Steve Clark (Anglican minister)
- Linda Dean (lay minister)
- Sue Ginsberg (art therapist, bereavement visitor and mental health chaplaincy volunteer).
- Hardev Grewal (healing ministry and author)
- Deborah McVey (hospital chaplain and URC minister)
- Jan Payne (musician and lay minister)
- Catherine Price (nurse and Parish Nurse)
- Kathryn Waite (Anglican minister and former doctor)
- Terry Barringer (scholar and healing ministry)
Diocesan Guidelines on the Healing Ministry
We recommend following the good practices laid out in:
The Development of Good Practice in the Healing Ministry
Author(s): Archbishops' Council 2013