Retreat Houses within the Diocese of Ely
- With its hospitality and peaceful surroundings this makes an ideal place to meet, learn, reflect and pause on life's journey.
- The centre is based in Ely. It runs a series of retreats, days of reflection and personal development days and is able to host up to 60 people for a day event and 31 people for a residential event.A full list of its programmes can be found on the website.
- The Goat Shed has been created to provide a small, quiet physical oasis to which individuals and groups are invited to come and explore their own spiritual journey.
- It is a place for people of all faiths or none' all are welcome.
- This space, set in a large garden, has been developed from an old mill out-building, that in an earlier life was the Goat Shed. It was a natural decision to retain the family's name for the building, but rest assured it has had an extensive make-over.
- It offers - a retreat
- a place of creativity
- a place for silence and reflection
- a space for conversation
- For contact information please click here.
Additional Retreats and quiet days
Here are some links to where you will find information about booking a retreat or quiet day in the area.
These may be led, guided, or simply an opportunity to be still in a place set aside for the purpose:
- All Hallows Convent www.all-hallows.org
- Buckden Towers www.buckden-towers.org.uk
- Clare Priory www.clarepriory.org.uk
- Launde Abbey www.laundeabbey.org.uk
- Pleshey www.retreathousepleshey.com
- Quiet Waters, Bungay www.quietwaters.org.uk
- Turvey Abbey www.turveyabbey.org.uk
A full list of retreat houses at home and abroad can be found through The Retreat Association website.
The Quiet Garden Movement also provides links to places where you can go and be quiet.
Please note that these Retreat venues are advised for information purposes only.
The Diocese is not responsible for third party organisations.