Safeguarding Training and Development Modules
The Church of England has introduced a new modularafeguarding training and development programme for use by Dioceses, Cathedrals and Theological Education Institutions.
The programme builds core, generic safeguarding training according to role, and through a personâ€™s ministry path.
Please look at each module to see whether it is recommended or required for you to attend.
A more detailed summary of each of the following courses can be viewed here.
Book your training here
You can book your safeguarding training by clicking one of the two buttons below.
One button takes you to the National Church portal for online C0 and C1 courses, the second takes you to the courses delivered in person by the Ely Diocesan Safeguarding team.
Core Training Modules
C0 - BASIC AWARENESS
- Recommended for anyone who needs a basic level of awareness of safeguarding.
- This course is available to everyone and is accessed online.
- Visit the website and view the instructions to help you in signing up.
C1 - FOUNDATION
- Required for anyone who has safeguarding responsibilities or who have contact with children, young people and / or adults who may be vulnerable.
- This course is available to everyone and is accessed online. Visit the website and view the instructions to help you in signing up.
C2 - LEADERSHIP
- Required for anyone who has safeguarding leadership responsibilities or responsibility for leading activities involving children, young people and/or adults who may be vulnerable.
C1 - FOUNDATION & C2 LEADERSHIP COMBINED COURSE
This course combines the C1 and C2 modules into one Saturday morning session
- Required for anyone who has safeguarding responsibilities or who have contact with children, young people and / or adults who may be vulnerable.As this is a combined course it is also required for anyone who has safeguarding leadership responsibilities or responsibility for leading activities involving children, young people and/or adults who may be vulnerable.
C3 - FOUNDATION / LEADERSHIP CLERGY AND LAY MINISTERS
- Required for those holding a license, commission, authorisation, permission to officiate from a Bishop - Ordained and Lay
Please note completing C1 Foundation and C2 Leadership is equivalent to completing C3 Foundation/Leadership
S1 - SAFER RECRUITMENT
- Required for those with responsibility for administering DBS, Clergy and those with recruitment responsibilities (for example designated members of PCCs or members of staff who regularly sit on interview panels), Senior staff where they are involved in recruitment, Diocesan/Parish/Cathedral Safeguarding Officers, Safeguarding Leads on PCC/within Religious Communities/within TEIs
S3 - RESPONDING TO DOMESTIC ABUSE
- Required for anyone holding the Bishop's Licence or Permission to Officiate, Spiritual Directors, Bishops Visitors, Pastoral Visitors, Leaders of children/adults activities, Diocesan/Parish/Cathedral Safeguarding Officers
If you need to discuss your safeguarding training requirements further, please contact Sarah King or Kelly Nott.
- Diocesan Safeguarding Officer
- T: 01353 652735
- Safeguarding (Training) Administrator
- T: 01353 652744
If you have attended Safeguarding training or have completed the online training and haven't received a certificate, please let us know (email@example.com).
Please email the date and level you were trained, and if online forward the reply to your completion that was sent to you and we will send a certificate to you.