Every diocese has its own Diocesan Synod which consists of the bishops and archdeacons and elected laity and clergy.
- consider matters affecting the Church of England in the diocese;
- act as a forum for debate of Christian opinion on matters of religious or public interest;
- formulates diocesan policy on a wide range of issues;
- advise the bishop where requested;
- deal with matters referred by General Synod;
- votes the funding of stipends and administration to be raised from the parishes.
Diocesan Synod dates in 2017
Please note the following dates for Diocesan Synod in 2017. Locations will be updated in due course.
- Saturday 11 March 2017
- Wednesday 7 June 2017
- Saturday 21 October 2017
Synod dates from 2016
- Saturday 12 March at Witchford Community College, Witchford
- Wednesday 6 June at Witchford Community College, Witchford
- Saturday 22 October at the Hayward Theatre, King's School, Ely (beginning with Eucharist in the Cathedral at 0900hrs)
Minutes from previous Diocesan Synod meetings can be downloaded here: