Every diocese has its own Diocesan Synod which consists of the bishops and archdeacons and elected laity and clergy.
- consider matters affecting the Church of England in the diocese;
- act as a forum for debate of Christian opinion on matters of religious or public interest;
- formulates diocesan policy on a wide range of issues;
- advise the bishop where requested;
- deal with matters referred by General Synod;
- votes the funding of stipends and administration to be raised from the parishes.
You can download a copy of the Diocesan Synod and Standing Orders (amended December 2017) by clicking here.
Diocesan Synod dates for 2018
Please note the following dates for Diocesan Synod in 2018. Locations will be updated in due course.
- 10th March
- 13th June
- 20th October
Diocesan Synod dates from 2017
Please note the following dates for Diocesan Synod in 2017.
- Saturday 11 March 2017
- Wednesday 7 June 2017
- Saturday 21 October 2017
Minutes from previous Diocesan Synod meetings can be downloaded here: