The General Synod is the national assembly of the Church of England, commonly referred to as the 'Church's Parliament'.
It considers and approves legislation affecting the whole of the Church of England, authorises new forms of worship, debates matters of religious and public interest, and approves the annual budget for the work of the Church at national level. More on the General Synod can be found on the Church of England website here.
Following the election count on 13 October 2021 at 10am, it was announced that the following have been elected to General Synod 2021-2026.
Proctors in Convocation
Detailed vote results for Proctors in Convocation can be viewed by clicking here.
Paper A1ii - Signed Form of Return of Election Result Proctors - click here
- Revd Canon James Blandford-Baker
- Ven Dr Alex Hughes
- Revd Canon Nick Moir
- Revd Canon Simon Talbott
General Synod: House of Laity - Diocese of Ely representatives
Detailed vote results for House of Laity can be viewed by clicking here.
Paper A1i - Signed Form of Return of Election Result Laity - click here
- Dr Felicity Cooke
- Mrs Rebecca Cowburn
- Mr Christopher Townsend
This has been confirmed by the Presiding Officer.
Synod briefing for Diocesan Secretaries
- General Synod Report February 2022 - click here
- Click here to read the items being discussed at General Synod over the 8th to 10th February 2022
- General Synod will be meeting from 16th to 17th November (2021). This will be the first meeting of the new quinquennium. We wanted to use this opportunity to give you an update on the make-up of the new Synod and the discussion items that will be sent to the members.
- Click here to read the items being discussed.
Notes from General Synod
- General Synod Report - July 2021
- General Synod Report - April 2021
- General Synod Report - February 2021
- General Synod Report - November 2020
- General Synod Report - September 2020
- General Synod Report - February 2019
- General Synod Report - July 2018
- General Synod Report - February 2018
- General Synod Report - July 2017
- General Synod Report February 2017