Generosity Week takes place in the Harvest season, so that as we thank God for his generosity to us, we also have the opportunity to think about how we might respond to that generosity.
Generosity Week is also deliberately flexible to suit all types of church. If you want to join in this year, here's how to start:
- Pick a week. The national week runs from Sunday 24th September to Sunday 1st October, but if another time works better for you, do it then.
- View the Diocesan Giving pages for help and advice.
- Choose what to do by looking at the summary of resources available. Make sure you have enough people to help you out with the initiatives you want to do.
- Plan your Sundays - two Sundays works well because it gives you one chance to explore gratitude, and one for generosity. To get you started, there are service outlines, sermon starters and prayers - all generosity-themed.
By the end of Generosity Week all of us will have a deeper understanding of God’s generosity towards us and how we can live more generously in our daily lives.
There will also be a national online Eucharist to celebrate generosity on Sunday 24 September.
Find out more
Find out more on the Church of England website here.
Monthly Newsletters, Resources and Stories
Generosity Week gives us some time and space to focus on God's loving generosity to us, and what our response might be. This year there are monthly newsletters telling you about new resources and sharing stories of generosity.
- Click here to see the final newsletter of 2023
- Click here to see the third newsletter of 2023
- Click here to see the second newsletter of 2023
- Click here to see the first newsletter of 2023