Listed to the right of this page you will be able to find all the latest news, vacancies, announcements and calendar dates and events added to the Diocesan website.
The following sections outline what you can expect to find on each page.
For: anyone who might be interested in Church and Diocesan related news.
- The news section on the right includes news items considered either nationally or locally relevant for our church workers and communities.
- It will include ‘good news’ stories from across the Diocese, such as inspiring examples of parishes that are realising the Diocesan Strategy, Ely 2025: People Fully Alive, and stories that highlight the successes (and learnings), from the work of our Changing Market Towns project.
For: anyone who is interested in clergy appointments and departures.
- The Announcements section typically includes Announcements from the Bishop’s Office about clergy appointments and departures.
- It will also include RIP notices of Lay and Clergy figures from the Diocese.
For: Anyone seeking a role within the Diocese or knows someone who might be.
- The primary purpose of this section is to advertise Clergy and Diocesan staff vacancies.
- On occasion and upon request this section also advertises parish vacancies and vacancies affiliated to church business from organisations and groups within the Diocese of Ely.
For: Anyone looking for key Diocesan dates or parish events around the Diocese.
- The calendar section is a means to highlight key Diocesan dates (such as Bishop’s Council, DAC or Diocesan Synod dates).
- This area is also used to advertise, upon request, events occurring within the parishes (such as talks or open days). Please use the "Find my Church" section of this website to see events and services added by each parish to their A Church Near You parish profiles.
- Events the Diocesan team are hosting that fall outside specific Training courses are also on occasion added to the calendar.
- The Diocese also hosts and facilities numerous training courses appropriate for the profesional development of church role holders such as Clergy, LLMs, ALMs and Children, Families and Youth workers.
- The Diocese delivers and facilitates access to the various Safeguarding training modules that most church role holders are required to undertake to an appropriate level for their church role. More information on these Safeguarding courses and your possible requirement to undertake them can be found on the Safeguarding pages of this website.
- Both the Safeguarding and Ministry and Mission Training courses can be booked via the dedicated Diocesan Training Portal.