Learn about Rwanda
Use the links below to learn more about Rwanda and its painful past.
The Anglican Church of Rwanda
Kwibuka20 - Remembering: 20 Years on From the Genocide
Operation World Rwanda (a prayer guide for Rwanda):
General online resources
USC Shoah Foundation - visual history archive online - there are two films to watch in relation to rwanda
Public Bbroadcasting Services (PBS) timeline of Rwandan genocide
World Outside my Shoes - Carl Wilkens's firsthand accounts as the last American in Rwanda during the genocide
Genocide Archives Rwanda - On this site you will find videos relating to the 1994 Genocide against the Tutsi with synchronised transcripts, searchable index terms and maps. Videos include testimonies of survivors and perpetrators, Gacaca Justice System court proceedings and remembrance ceremonies.
Kigali Genocide Memorial Centre - This site contains information about the centre in Kigali which was created by a joint partnership of the Kigali City Council and the UK-based Aegis Trust. The centre contains a permanent exhibition of the Genocide against the Tutsi and an exhibition of other genocides around the world.
The National Commission for the Fight Against Genocide (CNLG) website contains latest news, photos, videos and resources related to the effort to prevent genocide in Rwanda. Here you can access publications and information about memorials sites across the country.
Kwibuka on Flickr - a collection of photographs to mark the 25th commemoration of the 1994 genocide against the Tutsi
- Lt. Gen. Romeo Dallaire, Shake Hands with the Devil: The Failure of Humanity in Rwanda. New York: Carroll & Graf, 2003
- Alison Des Forges et al, Leave None to Tell the Story: Genocide in Rwanda. New York, Washington, London, Brussels: Human Rights Watch, 1999
- Philip Gourevitch, We Wish to Inform You That Tomorrow We Will Be Killed with Our Families: Stories from Rwanda. New York: Farrar, Straus and Giroux, 1998.
- Mahmood Mamdani, When Victims Become Killers: Colonialism, Nativism, and the Genocide in Rwanda. Princeton and Oxford: Princeton University Press, 2001
- Gerard Prunier, The Rwanda Crisis: History of a Genocide. New York: Columbia University Press, 1995
- Dina Temple-Raston, Justice on the Grass: Three Rwandan Journalists, Their Trial for War Crimes and a Nation 's Quest for Redemption. Free Press, 2008
- Alexandre Dauge-Roth, Writing and Filming the Genocide of the Tutsis in Rwanda: Dismembering and Remembering Traumatic History. Lexington; reprint edition 2011
- Frontline, Ghosts of Rwanda (documentary film) dir. Greg Barker, Darren Kemp, 2004
- Tuez-les tous! (documentary film) dir. Raphael Glucksmann, David Hazan, Pierre Mezerette, 2004
- In the Tall Grass (documentary film) dir. John Coll Metcalfe, 2006