For information relating to retirement housing, please visit the Church of England webpages here.
Parochial Fees and Expenses
Click the headings below to open the documents
- House of Bishops Policy on PTO July 2018
- The Deployment of Clergy with licences and permission to officiate (PTO)
- Ministry after retiring from office - September 2021
- Clergy planning for retirement - July 2020
- Retired Clergy in the Church of England Now: RCACoE Report, January 2020
Training, workshops and dates for your diary
- Various training events added by the Diocese of Ely Mission and Ministry and Safeguarding teams can be viewed on the Training Portal here.
- Events hosted by parishes and various other bodies, included those offered by the retired clergy associations, can be vieweed on the Calendar feature of this website here.
Retired Clergy News
Congratulations to Brian Macdonald-Milne
Who, on 28th May 2021, celebrated the 60th anniversary of his Priesting in Blackburn Cathedral, for future service in Melanesia in the Western Pacific.
Brian is grateful for the prayers and good wishes he received to mark the 60th anniversary of his priesting.
He writes: “I was delighted to receive messages from the Bishops of Ely and Colchester, which I was able to read out at the special service on Trinity Sunday at Waterbeach at which I presided and preached, marking the 60th anniversary of my priesting.
We had three local singers from one family, so were able to have hymns sung for the first time for ages, and two of them also played music during the administration of the Sacrament. We even had refreshments outside after the service, which had not been possible or advisable until now. I wrote a special hymn for the Feast, and another hymn of mine was sung on the feast of Corpus Christi at the Eucharist at Corpus Christi College, with music by Nick Danks, Director of Music and Fellow of the College.
The College kindly allowed me to preside and preach at the Eucharist in Chapel on Pentecost Sunday, as part of my thanksgiving for 60 years as a priest, being an alumnus of the College.”
On May 27, at the invitation of the Vicar of Little St Mary’s in Cambridge, Brian presided at the morning Eucharist at Little St Mary's in connection with this significant anniversary.