A link is only what we make it together.
Ways to Get Involved:
Interested in establishing a link? Contact us if you are interested in someone visiting your church to speak about Rwanda.
Pray for the development of the link, for our partner Diocese and for our life and ministry together.
Links between parishes in Kigali and Ely will be encouraged.
Individual and Group visits in both directions are to be commended.
Links between a variety of locally developed, locally owned, locally staffed initiatives and organisations are to be encouraged.
1. All links should be consistent with and operate within the aims and principles of the Diocesan Link agreement available here [insert as attached].
2. It is essential that before starting a link, the report produced by the Diocesan Team who visited Kigali in June 2013 is read. The report contains important information about Rwanda, Kigali, the Diocese of Kigali and the ethos and principles of the link.
. Parishes and those operating links in Ely should contact Richard Kellow, the Ely Diocese Kigali Link Coordinator at an early stage.
4. Those who receive visitors in their own diocese and those who are visitors in the link diocese need to receive appropriate training, which is provided by Church Mission Society. This training provides important preparation for those travelling cross-culturally. [details here]
5. Links between church groups should be developed in accordance with the 'ethos' of this Diocesan Link Agreement and at the commencement of parish/project links a partnership agreement document is to produced so that both parties understand expectations and commitment.
6. A resource and information pack including practical and medical information for those travelling to Kigali is available from Richard Kellow.
7. Read widely - please see the resources page for more information.