The People System is the National Church of England platform that holds people data for stipendiary clergy and other ministers.
The new People System for the Church of England has replaced the previous HR and payroll system (MyView).
Clergy payroll has now moved from the legacy system to the new People System with effect from 31 March, 2023. This means that all pay will now be processed and paid from the new system.
The People System is also the secure system that holds the information that is presented in the National Register of Clergy - a list of all ordained clergy (bishops, priests and deacons) in the Church of England who are authorised to minister.
As well as being the data source for the National Register, the People System will manage the payment of clergy stipends and hold the following information:
- Your personal details – name, date of birth, Person Unique Number, and demographic diversity information.
- Your contact information – phone number, email and correspondence address, and emergency contacts.
- Your current assignment information – how you are currently engaged with the Church of England. This is the information that will appear on the National Register. Previous appointments will be added in time.
- Your personal identification documents such as your birth or marriage certificate
- Your pay documentation – please note that existing pay documents will not be transferred from MyView to the new People System.
Find out more about the changes that are taking place to move the clergy payroll to the new People System via the Church of England’s FAQs page accessible from here.
Further information and Contacts
- People System website: Please visit the People System pages on the Church of England website for the full and latest information on the People System and how to access it. You can access these pages by clicking here.
- People System Support Team: If you have a question about the People System or the National Register of Clergy, please email the support team: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Questions about pay: email@example.com
- Questions about the People System: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stipendiary Clergy in the Diocese of Ely: If you are paid a Stipend in the Diocese of Ely and have a particular Diocesan query you need support for, please email the Diocesan Finance Team here.
- Your data: If you hold a Clergy role in the Diocese of Ely and are unable to update your details in the People System, please contact Grazyna in the Bishop’s Office here, who should be able to assist you.