DAC constitution and membership
The constitution of the DAC was adopted by Diocesan Synod on 24 October 1992. A copy of it can be found here.
The constitution requires the DAC to be comprised of the Chair, the Archdeacons, and not less than twelve other persons appointed by Bishop's Council, of whom two must be appointed from among the elected members of Diocesan Synod and three following consultation with external bodies. Four of the members are drawn from a group of architect and surveyor members who attend meetings by rotation.
Appointments are made for six year terms, and membership is typically reviewed following the election of every other Diocesan Synod.
The 2017 - 2023 sexennium of the DAC came into effect on 1 January 2017, with a new Chair, the Very Revd Mark Bonney, Dean of Ely Cathedral, in office. Other members were appointed by Bishop's Council in November 2016.
Current members of the DAC are as follows
- The Very Revd Mark Bonney Chair
- The Ven Dr Alex Hughes Archdeacon of Cambridge
- The Ven Hugh McCurdy Archdeacon of Huntingdon and Wisbech
- The Revd Mary Hancock Clergy member appointed from among the elected members of Diocesan Synod
- The Revd Canon Annette Reed Clergy member appointed from among the elected members of Diocesan Synod
- Mrs Lorraine King and Ms Nicola Duncan-Finn Members (on a job-shared basis) appointed following consultation with the LGA
- Mr Philip Orchard Member appointed following consultation with the Joint Committee of the National Amenity Societies
- The Revd Dr Nicholas Thistlethwaite
- The Revd Canon Dr Paul Andrews
- Mr Stephen Brooker
- Mr David Grech Historic England
Members of the Architects & Surveyors Group (invited to attend each DAC meeting as members on a rotation basis):
- Mr Neil Birdsall
- Mr Henry Freeland
- Ms Stephanie Norris
Specialist DAC Members
- The Revd Dr Lynne Broughton Furnishings
- The Revd Canon Nigel Cooper Environment and sustainability (including trees)
- Mrs Chloe Cockerill MBE Art History
- The Revd Canon Jim Garrard Liturgy
- Mrs Jose Hopkins, Organs Adviser
- Mr Peter Campling, Stained Glass.
- Mr Nigel Platt Clocks
- Mr Graham Pledger Bells and Structural Engineering
- Dr Tim Reynolds Archaeology
- Mr John Munns Art History
We are currently seeking specialist advisers in the following fields; Entrepreneurial activity; Heating; Lettering; Audio-visual technology; Planning; Church security; Textiles.