- The Parishes Resources website provides guidance, templates and a checklist to help you meet your GDPR requirements.
- It is updated regularly - so please check back periodically. Most recently, a new FAQ has been added, the main parish guidance has been updated and there is a specific guidance note relating to giving reviews and fundraising communications.
- There are also example Consent forms that you can adapt for your parish.
- To access the Parish Resources materials, please follow this link.
- The Church of England, through the Parish Buying team, have secured very significant discounts on a range of online GDPR training courses offered by the Me Learning platform.
- You can find more information about these courses and how to access them via this link - https://www.parishbuying.org.uk/categories/gdpr-e-learning?highlight=WyJnZHByIl0=
Church of England - Record Management Guides
- The records management guides have been researched and produced by records and archive management specialists at the Church of England Record Centre.
- They have used expert advice from The National Archives, local record offices and the wider archive profession.
- On the site you will find guidance on areas including; care of church records, care of Episcopal records and safeguarding records management.
Information Commissioner's Office (ICO)
- The Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) is the UK's independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest, it is the body that will ensure businesses comply with the requirements of the GDPR.
- The ICO website contains a wealth of information to support organisations meet their requirements under GDPR and can be accessed by following this link here.
Ely Diocesan Board of Finance (EDBF) Data Privacy Note
- The Ely Diocesan Board of Finance is required to process personal data in accordance with the requirements set-out in the GDPR.
- The data privacy note outlining how we process personal data can be found here.
- The Parish Resources team also provide a sample data privacy note for parishes to adopt to their own needs. this can be downloaded here.