Following ordination, ministers undergo three further years of training (one year as deacon, two as priest).
Much of this training is 'on the job' learning, within the framework of a Working and Learning Agreement under the supervision of their incumbent, gaining experience of the workings of a parish/chaplaincy.
They also attend a programme of training days provided by the diocese through the Ministry team. These events build on their pre-ordination training and include a wide variety of subjects related to the House of Bishops 'Learning Outcomes' and locally agreed training agendas.
Each year there is a meeting to review the progress of the curacy.
Below are copies of the training and assessment documents for curates.
Initial Ministerial Education Phase 2 Programme 2022-2023
- You can download the IME Programme for 2022-2023 by clicking here.
- For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For curates, incumbents, and parishes.
Year One (for Deacons)
- 1 - Ordination of Deacons Timetable of Events 2021
- 1a - Ordinal for Deacons and Priests
- 1b - IME Formational Training Assessment 2021 22
- 2a - Stipendiary Working and Learning Agrement Form 2021
- 2b - Pioneer Curate Working and Learning Agreement Form 2021
- 2c - SSM Working and Learning Agreement Form 2021
- 3 - Learning Diary
- 4 - Issues and Resources for Supervision 2121
- 5 - C of E Formation Criteria for Ordained Ministry (approved HofBps 2014)
- 6 - Formation Criteria Review Form
- 7 - Evaluation at end of deacon year form REV includes Mission