The Diocese of Ely is passionate about promoting and developing good work with children, young people and their families.
Children are spiritual beings with their own thoughts and feelings about God. Our role is to support, nurture and encourage them as they grow to a full and mature faith in Christ and to help them find their place to serve in the church community.
As we seek to support children we will engage with their families, offering support for them to develop faith practices in the home that enable everyone in the family to grow and flourish as they learn from each other. In Matthew 18:3 Jesus challenges adults to become like little children in order to enter the kingdom of heaven. Children and young people often lead the way in growing and developing in faith.
Diocesan Development Officer for Children and their Families
Ruth New is the Diocesan Development Officer for Children and their Families. Ruth's role is to create vision, resource, equip, train and encourage those working with children in the Diocese. Ruth can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mission and Ministry Newsletter Sign-up
Keep in touch: Please subscribe to the Mission and Ministry weekly email for details of upcoming training opportunities that may be relevant to your role as a children and families' worker or volunteer, along with useful ideas and resources.
You can unsubscribe at any time.
Training for Children and Families Ministry
Please do get in touch with Ruth New, our Development Officer for Children and Families for support and information on training available with a specialism for children and families.
- Pinterest boards on a whole host of topics, from Creative prayer through to Festival ideas.
Children & Families Newsletter Archive
An archive of Seasonal newsletters, full of useful ideas and resources for faith festivals for churches, schools and households.
- 28/08/2023 - A message from Ruth New, Development Officer for Children and Families
- 01/16/2023 - Resources and training for Spring 2023
- 12/20/2022 - Epiphany and Candlemas resources 2023
- 10/31/2022 - Advent & Christmas Resources
- 10/18/2022 - Resources for All Saints & Remembrance Day
- 09/02/2022 - Resources & Training for Autumn 2022
- 05/26/2022 - Resources for Pentecost & the Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 03/17/2022 - Easter Resources
- 02/09/2022 - Resources and Training For Spring 2022
- 12/30/2021 - Epiphany Resources and Spring Training
- 12/06/2021 - Training and Resources for Children's Leaders
- 11/02/2021 - Remembrance and Advent Resources
- 09/22/2021 - Autumn Resources and Training
- 07/26/2021 - Summer Resources
- 04/29/2021 - Resources & training for Pentecost
- 03/26/2021 - Resources and Training for Easter
- 03/05/2021 - Resources for Mothering Sunday & Easter
- 02/10/2021 - Resources and Training for Children & Families leaders
- 01/18/2021 - Resources for Candlemas and Lent